My Roof Is Leaking! Now What?Mar 03, 2023
There are few things more concerning as a homeowner than realizing your roof is leaking. Not only do you have to take measures to collect the water and prevent damage inside your home, but you’ll also need to ensure the cause of the leak is identified and remedied as quickly as possible. Of course, it’s understandable that you may not be able to think straight once you realize your roof is leaking. So, what do you do? The experts at Absolute Roofing of Southwest Florida are here to provide some guidance.
What to Do When Your Roof Is Leaking
There are several steps you’ll want to take when you realize that your roof is leaking:
- Clear the area – You’ll want to clear the indoor area that’s being affected by the leak to prevent your belongings from becoming damaged.
- Collect the water – Once the area is clear, you can place a bucket or other container under the leak to collect the water. You may also need towels to soak up any water that’s already inside your home.
- Relieve the pressure – If you notice your ceiling is sagging, you’ll want to poke a hole in the ceiling to relieve the pressure and prevent the water from further spreading throughout your ceiling.
- Place a tarp – As a temporary fix, place a tarp over your roof to keep additional water from getting in your home.
- Contact a professional – Once these measures have been taken, contact a roofing company to come out, assess the damage, and help determine the appropriate next steps.
Trust Absolute Roofing
When your home’s roof is leaking, the team to call for a high-quality roof repair or replacement is Absolute Roofing of Southwest Florida. We are a local residential roofing company that has been serving local homeowners like you since 1995, and we have a long list of satisfied customers to show for our success. No matter the scope of your roof’s damage, contact us today and a member of our team will be happy to assist you with the next steps.