There are many options on the market when it comes to residential roofing systems you can choose for your home. One of the most popular options is asphalt shingle roofing. As with all home improvement products, asphalt shingle roofing has its own pros and cons that can make it ideal for some homeowners and not a great option for others. To help you make an informed decision regarding your home’s roof, let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of asphalt shingle roofing.
Asphalt Shingle Roofing Pros
Asphalt shingle roofing can be a great option for your home’s roof replacement project thanks to its many pros, some of which include:
- Cost – Asphalt shingle roofing is one of the most cost-effective roofing options on the market.
- Ease of installation – This type of roofing is easier to install than some other roofing types.
- Customizability – It’s easy to find a color and style of asphalt shingle roof that will meet your aesthetic preferences.
Asphalt Shingle Roofing Cons
Some of the cons of asphalt shingle roofing include:
- Maintenance – Asphalt shingle roofing requires periodic maintenance to stay looking and performing its best.
- Environmental impact – This type of roofing isn’t the most “green” option out there.
Installing Industry-Best Asphalt Shingle Roofing
If you are interested in learning more about asphalt shingle roofing, or if you want to invest in a new asphalt shingle roof for your home, turn to the experts at Absolute Roofing of Southwest Florida. We install high-quality asphalt shingle roofs that will look and perform beautifully for years to come, making it a wise investment to make in your home. Contact us today to chat with a member of our team about our asphalt shingle roofing systems or to schedule your initial consultation for a roof replacement.